Tank Linings and Coatings Help You Avoid Leaks and Repairs
Storage tanks are widely used in many industries including agriculture, aquaculture, food processing, waste-water treatment, chemical processing, oil and gas refining, power generation, pulp and paper, concrete production, steel production, and more. Tank leak repair services can overcome the problems of leaks resulting in significant costs in lost fluids and lost production time, as well as the costs of repairs and potential penalties for leaks. Causes of leaks can be avoided or corrected by an expert coatings contractor Bay Area.
Types of Tanks
Tanks can be made of steel, concrete, Polyethylene, or fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP). The benefits of professionally applied tank linings and coatings include:
- Leak prevention and repair.
- Chemical resistance, so the tank won’t erode or continue to erode.
- Corrosion protection to overcome the natural effects of temperature, temperature changes, and humidity.
Types of Tank Linings and Coatings
It doesn’t matter what type the tank is; all industrial fluid storage tanks are susceptible to issues that can result in leaks. The right type of tank lining can save time and money.
These are some of the types of tank linings and coatings that are available which a professional coatings contractor Bay Area can install:
- Epoxy linings. These can work in high-temperature environments. They are moisture-tolerant and solvent-free, so they are an excellent choice for water storage tanks. FRP is an excellent form of epoxy linings.
- Polyurethane linings. These are excellent for concrete tanks.
- Vinyl ester tank linings. These offer excellent resistance to chemical infiltration and contamination.
- Cementitious liners, which include epoxy and polymer linings.
- Zinc tank liners.
- Stainless steel liners that are made from either polished or rough stainless steel.
Why FRP is an Excellent Choice for Repairs
Tank leak repair using FRP is an excellent choice because FRP:
- Is lightweight and high strength.
- Offers good corrosion resistance.
- Provides excellent thermal insulation.
- Lining materials can be selected to meet the specific performance characteristics of the tank storage contents.
- Is an exceptionally durable lining. FRP installations have shown a 35-plus year history of service in many situations.
- Tank leak repair can be accomplished quickly so that tank downtime can be minimized.
How to Choose the Right Tank Linings
An expert coatings contractor Bay Area will use these questions to help identify the right tank linings to use:
- What fluids will the tank store?
- How long will the fluids be stored?
- What temperatures will the lining be exposed to?
- How much downtime will be allowed during the application?
Call the Experts for Tank Leak Repair Work
We are based in San Pablo, CA and serve the San Francisco Bay Area. Picon is a full-service manufacturer and field service provider of industrial fiber reinforced plastic and anti-corrosion products, tank repairs, and custom fabrication. Our products provide corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, heat resistance, abrasion resistance, and more. Contact Picon FRP, Inc., or call 510-232-0065 to speak with a representative.